Hi All

I was talking to a policeman the other day, not helping them with their enquiries but having a friendly chat while were both in a school.

I asked him about something that has concerned me for a while. I don't use a potato cannon, the plastic tube that you fill with a combustible mixture of fuel and air and then ignite so that it fires a spud out of the end with considerable force and velocity. I don't use one because from my experience in the explosives industry I feel that is only a matter of time before one ruptures and there is a nasty accident with lumps of jagged shrapnel flying around that are going to sting a bit when they hit you.

But he was of the opinion that they are a firearm, and as such, using one is an offence. So it might not matter how good your risk assessment is you might get arrested.

I thought I should pass this on before somebody gets done.

All the best

Ian
--

Do Science Ltd
37 Upper Brownhill Road, Southampton, SO16 5NG

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. It is intended for the personal attention of the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your computer.
While Do Science Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk