Thanks Vincent I did just wonder if you needed the last two lines

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Stephen Vincent
Sent: 17 November 2010 01:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Snap - Vincent

In a waking dream a green ocean swells up beyond the shore;
Somewhere a megaphone announces a young child is dead.

It's not the way I like to start the day: in bed with mortality beckoning.

At noon I go swimming. A pregnant woman invites me share her lane,
"You look like you are almost due."
"Sometimes this week," she smiles. "The pressure is really on."
Back and forth we kick, stroke & cross the side of each others path.

One thousand yards later (no kidding!), I climb out the pool.
She floats slowly on her back, laps of water caressing her face.
I raise my hand in a kind of salute,
"I wish you safe passage." She smiles back.

Early morning by death, noon by life:
Cycles - I hear them coming - the oncoming,  winter heart.

Stephen Vincent