-----Original Message-----
From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and
related research in Design [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Alan Overton
Sent: Tuesday, 9 November 2010 11:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Consumer product design methodology

I am a first year doctoral student in marketing/product development and
am looking for recent design methodology models.  It has been my
experience that marketers often treat design as a "black box" that
accepts product requirements and should produce optimal designs.  I hope
to create an integrated model that no only illuminates the dynamic,
iterative nature of the design process, but also suggests areas where
marketing knowledge could provide design insight.

I am researching work by Cross, Lawson, Hatchuel and Weill, Boland and
Collopy, Rowe, and Brown  I would be grateful for any recommendations
for additional lines of research that would be relevant to the marketing
community.

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Alan Overton

Johann van der Merwe
HOD: Research, History & Theory of Design
Faculty of Informatics and Design
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
South Africa
Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Peninsula University of
Technology or the sender of this e-mail be liable to any party for
any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any
use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.cput.ac.za/email.php or call +27 (0)21 460 3911