Hello Georgina

I am glad to read that it was a positive experience for you and a day well
spent. I am sure many OH students are reading they may be interested in
knowing what new knowledge you gained and how  it influenced or changed your
practice. There is one definite benefit ­ but I see the benefit  more to the
breast feeding nurse rather than to the OHN. The breast feeding support
nurse gets the opportunity to learn about OH.

I know how difficult it is to get time out of work for visits. For example I
regularly organise field trips (eg a practical risk assessment in the Palm
House at Kew Gardens) and visits to employment tribunals  (ET) and many of
our students say that their employer will not allow them the time from work
unless they take A/L.  An ET has definite relevance to our practice and if
they canšt get time to attend an ET then I very much doubt they would be
able to negotiate time with a breast feeding adviser.

Anne