I know the Green Book is regularly updated, but the research they refer to is 14 years old. I was looking for something more contemporary as apparently the prevelance of hep A in the UK population has declined in the past 10 years and the stuff I referred to was more recent. However the evidence does seem somewhat lacking and I would be grateful to know what other people do. My staff are not sewage workers, but are occassionally occupationally exposed in a fairly controlled environment, which is why I haven't gone immediately with the Green Book's advice (probably much to my folly!).

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 12:46:31 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Hepatitis A and sewage workers
To: [log in to unmask]

The Green Book chapter on Hepatitis A updated in 2009 is quuitre clear on this:
http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_092124.pdf

******************************** Please remove this footer before replying. OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html