------ Forwarded Message
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 21:56:51 +0000
Conversation: [OCC-HEALTH] alternate practice for OH student
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] alternate practice for OH student

Hi Chris

How are you - hope you are well. I was talking about you the other day.
Hope my recommendation re alternate practice was helpful. I would suggest
that the student checks out with Liz that she would be happy with the places
I suggested. Are you still at Imperial College? If so there are other
practitioners which may be of assistance eg H&S adviser, radiation
protection officer.

Some news:
We are in the process of developing  new programmes for delivery from Sept
2011. In essence:
Two courses which are not NMC validated: Grad Cert/BSc in Workplace Health
Management

Two courses which are NMC validated: BSc/PG Dip OH Nursing (SCPHN)

No more large, shared lectures with HVs and SNs. All units will be pathway
specific. David and Siva will teach one unit each and I will pick up the
rest. Unfortunately, Siva has very limited availability so I can only get
him to teach one unit. I would have liked a whole unit on disability, rehab
and employment law which Siva could have contributed to - unfortunately,
Siva is too heavily committed elsewhere but I have a cunning plan!

Cheers

Anne

On 25/11/10 09:57, "Chris Allan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I'm looking for some alternate practice experiences for an OH student I'm
> mentoring, she is based in London getting her practice experience in a West
> London University.
>
> Any offers, advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> With best wishes to you all,
>
> Chris Allan

> Please remove this footer before replying.
>
> OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
> CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH