On 19 Nov 2010, at 13:49, Cross, Richard wrote:

Chris

Two quick questions on the “is part of” option – which is a welcome, and useful, enhancement.

Book jackets

When adding a “Chapter” element to a “Book” record, the book-jacket look-up is not triggered (because the Chapter element does not [and should not, really] contain an ISBN; even though the “Is part of Book” element does, I’m assuming). If I add an ISBN string to the Chapter element, the book-jacket look-up is triggered – but the ISBN properly belongs to the book, not the chapter; and I don’t really want to have to repeat this element. Is this accidental or by design (because the chapter does not have its *own* image?)

See a demo example (with extra Chapter IBSN, triggering the look-up) here: http://resourcelists.ntu.ac.uk/items/FB02DDC0-626F-DA3E-63C0-B1C2F266CEE0.html

If you're having to add the ISBN to the chapter to trigger the bookjacket, that's a defect we should fix.

I'd be interested to know if the Amazon pricing drops away too when the ISBN is removed from the item above.

Authors and editors

If I bookmark the book without adding an “is part of”, all three authors/editors are displayed:

However, after adding an “is part of”, only one author (and some stray punctuation) displays:

Again, is this a bug or a feature J

Again, a defect. We should fix that.

Chris

Regards

Richard Cross
Resource Discovery and Innovation Manager
Libraries and Learning Resources
Hollymount House
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham NG1 4BU