Message
Herewith I copy and amalgamate two e-mails to me from Dr Iain Taylor (former Geographer of Canada). If any suggestions might be forthcoming from 'Lis-maps' (and would someone [David McNeill, Nick Millea, . . .?] kindly fwd, perhaps, to 'Carto-Soc') please spew forth - copying us all in, of course.

Possibly the Geographical Association has something. Or RGS-IBG's Education people (to whom this is copied) - maybe even through knowledge of a 'local initiative'?

"I have been asked to recommend some web-based sites which describe in simple and illustrative terms the methods of map making in the pre-government era.  Nautical and land based. The audience is 8 to 10 years old.

Any suggestions?
I have not had much luck from Canadian librarians from this request. Perhaps you could send around to other groups?

Thanks.
Iain Taylor
Halifax, NS"

Francis Herbert (former Curator of Maps, RGS-IBG)