-----Original Message-----
From: A general Library and Information Science list for news and
discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Casale
Sent: 19 November 2010 08:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Open Source LMS - experiences please

I am a member of a group reviewing the necessary redevelopment
(positively) of a small college research library primarily concerned
with the humanities.  I am interested to hear from anyone who has had
recent experience (good or bad) of open source LMS systems.

The library collection contains material both in Roman and other
non-Roman scripts so the ability to handle non-Roman fonts is of
importance.  I should also add that the current cataloguing situation is
not very good so it is almost certain that scripts will have to be
specifically written to convert current data into a recognised standard.

I would be happy to receive comments both to my private e-mail address
or to the list in general if that is preferable.

Thanks to everyone in advance for letting me take advantage of your
collective knowledge.

Michael Casale

--
Michael Casale