The School of Languages, Cultures, Art History and Music at the University of Birmingham would like to invite you to a Postgraduate Open Day for prospective students wishing to find out more about postgraduate study opportunities, including the Joint Birmingham-Warwick MA in Italian Studies: Culture and Communication (http://www.italian.bham.ac.uk/pg/ma.htm).

The Postgraduate Open Day will held in the Barber Institute of Fine Arts<http://www.barber.org.uk/findus.html> from 3 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. on Wednesday 1st December 2010.

The School is home to one of the UK's largest concentrations of internationally renowned researchers in European languages and cultures, music and history of art. The Open Day will be an opportunity to find out about the wide variety of postgraduate programmes<http://www.alpg.bham.ac.uk/prospective/lcahm.shtml> we offer at Master's and Doctoral level as well as the application process and the funding opportunities available.

We anticipate that, through the College of Arts and Law, there are likely to be up to 10 full-value PhD awards available for 2011-12. There will also be 5 AHRC Doctoral awards available in the School's subject areas (1 each in European Language & Culture, Cultural Studies, History of Art, Italian Language & Culture, and Music), and 3 at Master's level (2 in History of Art, and 1 in Music). In addition, we expect to make available a number of School awards at Master's level for 2011-12

At the Open Day current students will present on their experiences as postgraduates in the School, and you will have the chance to put your questions about postgraduate life to them, and to academic staff, in an informal atmosphere. You will also be introduced to other opportunities available to you in the wider postgraduate community at Birmingham.

We hope you will take this opportunity to come and talk to us and hear what Birmingham has to offer you and to get a sense of our thriving postgraduate community.

Those wishing to attend the Open Day should register by contacting Sarah Wildboar ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) by Friday 26 November 2010.

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html