Dear colleagues,

Many of us probably have contacts in schools in Germany and Austria dating back to our time as language assistants. It seems to me that it would be worth raising awareness there that the scheme is under threat, and I'm sure that the British Council would appreciate German/Austrian schools sending letters to the DfE.

Year abroad coordinators might want to inform students who have recently returned from assistantships about the situation -- students would then have the option of contacting their schools if they felt that was appropriate.

I'm not suggesting that this may change the DfE's mind, but it can't do any harm.

All best,
Laura

--
Dr Laura Bradley
University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.