Good morning,

A lovely query to start your Friday...

Has anyone got any tips on the itchy issue of nits! We have a selection of tudor
hats (some washable, some not) and I was just considering what we can do to
minimise nits (other than banning children from trying on the dressing up
costume which defeats the object of having them in the first place).

Sachets of southernwood and lavender placed in the sealed resource box was
suggested (but I think that is just for moths), spraying periodically with some
sort of spray (not keen!) or sealing the hats in bags to asphyxiate the nits?
Any other tried and tested solutions?

Many thanks for any wise words, using GEM is the modern equivalent of going to
the village pump for advice.

Lindsey

Lindsey Kennedy Smith
Lindsey Kennedy Portfolio
Museum Education Consultant
58 Albion Street, Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham B1 3EA
Tel: +44 (0) 7768 132 280
Web:www.lindseykennedy.com

Care is taken to minimise the risk of virus transfer but Lindsey Kennedy
Portfolio
cannot accept liability for any adverse consequences arising from this email
or any attachments to it. This email may contain confidential material - if
you receive it by mistake please return to sender and delete it from your
system. Thank you!