From: Lesley Walker <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 26 November, 2010 14:14:27
Subject: Essential services?

Excuse this posting - I usually bite my tongue ... but it is Friday.

Yes we should we be  very worried about archives ...  but then they are always the last and the least!

Correct me if I am wrong, but DCMS stands for Culture, Media and Sport  - so if museums, libraries and archives are not essential services in a culture portfolio, then presumably Art, Media and Sport are the essential services?? Funny about the funding cuts to sport education - could it be the Dept of High Art, National Museums and Galleries, Media and the Olympics?

MLA will be abolished to enable DCMS to focus its resources on front-line, essential services and ensure greater value for money.

I may be being cynical ...

Dr Lesley Walker
Heritage Learning & Interpretation Consultant
116 Castle St
Woodbridge IP12 1HL Suffolk UK
01394 610420
07748500933