Dianne,

I've been using the built into Qt XML module and it appears to support exactly that kind of comment. I've just annotated an example atlas and it appears to treat the markup correctly. Do you see any error messages? Would you care to send me a copy of your xml file so I can check it here?

--
Dave Flitney, IT Manager
Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain