Thanks for the help!

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Stephen Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
HI - this is indeed the generally recommended approach - however, IF the trend is truly linear then you will get a slightly more sensitive analysis having only one EV (or one for mean and one for slope).  Your residuals will go up (unless things are perfectly linear), but so will your degrees of freedom.   I'd be surprised though if this makes things better.

Cheers