From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Smith
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] VBM: GM_mask including non-GM tissue!

Hi - is this just a slight amount of result 'outside' of the brain, caused by the spatial smoothing?

Cheers.

On 8 Nov 2010, at 21:36, Reem Jan wrote:

Dear VBMers

I have run a full VBM analysis and am now looking at the outputs from
randomise. I noticed I get activations outside of the GM (and sometimes
outside of brain tissue).

I have checked the following images:
1.         All the brain extracted structural images (which were extracted
using fslvbm_1_bet -N as my scans had some neck tissue). The _brain*
images look fine (only 1 image out of 37 has very little left over
non-brain tissue)
2.         Template_GM - looks fine
3.         GM_mask (overlayed on the template_GM) - the GM_mask includes
more out of brain and out of GM voxels.

So my question is, how does the GM_mask get created and how do you
optimize it or fix it so that it only includes GM?

Kind regards
Reem

signature database 5602 (20101108) __________

http://www.eset.com

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5612 (20101111) __________

http://www.eset.com