Hi,

I can think of two possible reasons for getting this error:
1) You are out of memory
2) Since you have been interpolating your data, did you interpolate the brain mask as well or you obtained a new one by running bet on the interpolated data? If you followed the former approach that can cause problems, you should try the latter one.

Cheers,
Stam