"digital impact on the films and the way they are screened and distributed"
again, look at the "MindFrames" exhibition at ZKM

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 1:22 AM, Jared Ashburn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
"Why are you limiting yourself to the 1950s for experimental film?" I would ask this same question. The "MindFrames: Media Study at Buffalo 1973-1990" exhibition at ZKM might be of interest as would Spielmann, writings by Hollis Frampton ("The Withering Away of the State of the Art") and The Daniel Langlois Foundation for Art, Science, and Technology.

Yvonne Spielmann:

http://www.amazon.com/Video-Reflexive-Medium-Leonardo-Books/dp/0262195666

http://www.fondation-langlois.org/html/e/page.php?NumPage=

Department of Media Study at the State University of New York at Buffalo:
James Blue, Tony Conrad, Hollis Frampton, Gerald O'Grady, Paul Sharits, Steina, Woody Vasulka, and Peter Weibel

"Buffalo Heads" book
http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Heads-Practice-Pioneers-1973-1990/dp/0262720507/ref=pd_sim_b_22

"MindFrames: Media Study at Buffalo 1973-1990" exhibition at ZKM
http://www.zkm.de/mindframes/
http://container.zkm.de/streaming/streams2005/mindframes_mov.html

The Daniel Langlois Foundation for Art, Science, and Technology

http://www.fondation-langlois.org/html/e/page.php?NumPage=513

HF
http://www.amazon.com/Camera-Arts-Consecutive-Matters-Writings/dp/0262062763/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290845952&sr=8-1