john cameron mitchell's 'shortbus' ...

robert

Support Healthcare for All Californians: http://californiaonecare.org/
Join the California OneCare to give all Californians Healthcare with a Single Payer.

Robert Summers, PhD
Research Scholar
Center for the Study of Women
University of California, Los Angeles
w: http://www.csw.ucla.edu/people/research-scholars/robert-summers
e: [log in to unmask]  (please contact for mailing address)

Lecturer
Art History, LAS Dept.
Otis College of Art
9045 Lincoln Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90045
w: http://ospace.otis.edu/robtsum/Welcome
e: [log in to unmask]

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Brian Keith Bergen-Aurand (Asst Prof) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'm searching for a scene of queers watching queers on screen.  (I know we had this debate here on the word "queer," and I still use it as an umbrella term not for glbtq but for glbtq and a whole lot more.)  Anyway, I can think of many, many scenes in films where folks watch themselves or versions of themselves on screen, and many scenes where gay, trans, lesbian, or otherwise queer characters watch themselves on stage--all sorts of drag scenes exist.  However, I cannot think of a scene where queers watch queers on screen.  Am I forgetting something?

thanks,
Brian

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its content. Thank you.

Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary

--
Film-Philosophy
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to

* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **