We are delighted that our own Dr. Elisabetta Girelli will be delivering
a talk to the Centre for Film Studies in St Andrews entitled 'Man and
Boy: Montgomery Clift, Queer Theory and Wild River'. This will take
place on Tuesday 7th December 2010 17:15 to 19:15 in the Arts Lecture
Theatre. In her paper, Dr. Girelli will examine the career of Hollywood
star and icon Montgomery Clift, focussing in particular on the period
following the 1956 car accident which disfigured his face and almost
ended his acting career. Dr. Girelli will argue that this his
performance in Elia Kazan’s Wild River (1960) exemplifies the way in
which Clift’s later work radically challenged normative notions of
masculinity and heterosexuality.

For further details visit:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/filmstudies/events.php.
Everyone is welcome to attend. I hope you can make it.

--
Dr. Alex Marlow-Mann
Research Co-ordinator

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No
SC013532.

--
Karen Drysdale
Department of Film Studies

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC013532

--
Film-Philosophy
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to