Dear all,

Please see below, vacancies in the Estates department at West Thames College.  Please pass this information on to anyone you know who may be interested in these posts.  Full details and application packs at www.west-thames.ac.uk from 26th November 2010 or email [log in to unmask] .

Estates Manager (ES/55)

£39,892 pa inclusive

Permanent - 36 hours per week

With a major re-build project underway at our Isleworth campus, this is an exciting time to join West Thames College. You'll lead the Estates team and be the first point of contact for all issues. In this challenging role, as well as coordinating with other departments you will be managing facilities, maintenance, contracts and contractors.

You should have high-level managerial skills, experience of managing premises, and preferably an estate management qualification. Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills are essential, as is sound experience of financial management and budgetary planning. Good IT skills, record keeping and report writing skills, as well as experience of risk assessment, are also important.

Health & Safety Advisor (HS/060)

£18,342 pa inclusive

Permanent - 18 hours per week

We are looking for an Advisor to assist with all aspects of Health and Safety Management within the college and to advise our senior staff on all Health and Safety issues. Some of your main responsibilities will include reviewing and developing College Health and Safety policies, procedures and systems, produce College and HSE accident reports and managing the central Health and Safety budget on a day-to-day basis.

You should have a proven track record of working with senior staff, knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation, and possess the relevant experience and/or qualifications in Health and Safety management and advice.

Estates Maintenance Engineer - Electrical (ES/300)

£24,061 pa inclusive

Permanent - 39 hours per week

We require a new member to join our Estates team, mainly dealing with electrical work, some plumbing work and dealing with repairs and maintenance around the College. You should possess a good level of maintenance skills and be able to turn your hands to small repair jobs, ground maintenance and help with moving parcels and furniture.

It is essential you have the 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations qualification or are working towards it. You will be required to work on a shift system and show commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility in your approach to work and be able to work well as part of a team.

Closing date: 10 December 2010

Regards

Glyn

Glyn Williams

Centre Manager

West Thames College

London Road

Isleworth

Middlesex

TW7 4HS

T  020 8326 2210

M 07912 780095

F  020 8326 2072

E  [log in to unmask]

* * * *Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message* * * *
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such
cases, you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer
does not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately.
Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or
endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative
independent of this message.
West Thames College can be contacted on 0208 326 2000 (reception), 0208 326 2326
(IT Helpdesk), [log in to unmask] and www.west-thames.ac.uk
This email has been scanned for viruses by the Email Protection Agency
For more information please visit http://www.epagency.net