From: Evidence based health (EBH) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]<mailto:[mailto:[log in to unmask]]> On Behalf Of Tom Jefferson
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Congratulations to Ben Djulbegovic from our Group

Ben: a long overdue honour.

Congrats,

Tom
On 18 November 2010 11:35, Ash Paul <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Dear colleagues,
I'm sure that all members of this Group will join me in heartily congratulating Ben Djulbegovic who has recenty been conferred with the prestigious title of 'Distinguished Professor' by his University of South Florida. This is a singular honour given to less than 2% of the US University's Professors.
Ben thoroughly deserves the title, not least for all his invaluable contribution to our Group. I am especially indebted to him for all his fabulous and objective systematic reviews on haemato-oncology, which have benefited the English NHS Commissioners no end in taking difficult funding decisions on these hugely expensive treatments.
Regards,

Ash
Dr Ash Paul
Medical Director
NHS Bedfordshire
21 Kimbolton Road
Bedford
MK40 2AW
Tel no: 01234897224

Dr Tom Jefferson
Scientific Editor PLoS ONE
Reviewer, Cochrane Acute Respiratory Infections Group
tel 0039 3292025051