Good Afternoon one and all

I have recently joined the forum and have to date read some very
interesting responses on various topics so thank you all for that.  I am
an Entry Level 1-2 teacher at a college in Yorkshire and am currently on
year 2 of the PGCE course.  We are required to submit a conference paper
and I have decided to look at the implications that some changes in
language have on assessment.  I was particularly interested in Taylor's
journal article 'The changing landscape of English: implications for
language assessment.' (2006) and have quoted her assertion that 'testers
are indeed facing 'testing times' in my title.

I am fairly new to ESOL and so would greatly appreciate any comments or
observations that any of you may have regarding this.

Thank you in anticipation

Mo Brown

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to