Dear all,
we are working on new methodologies to better define funds for post earthquake reconstruction in Italy.
We are starting from the idea that current Italian legislation is inadequate and unable to set regulations financing reconstruction, and lacks of measures to estimate actual damages suffered by municipalities.
As geographers, we think that a more plausible funds allocation should avoid a mere delimitation based on administrative boundaries and should focus more instead on effective damage caused to inhabitants and buildings.
Starting from this, we are now trying to get a clear overview on this topic. Does anyone know any publication in this direction, or scholars that in their past or current studies are working on these topics?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion you'll be able to give us,

Giuseppe Forino,
Ph.D. student Economic Geography, Sapienza-University of Rome,
and
Andrea Porru,
Ph.D student Urban Planning, Sapienza-University of Rome