Lecturer in Human Geography

The Department is seeking to recruit an excellent candidate to contribute to research and teaching in human geography. In particular we are interested in applications from those candidates whose research and teaching interests complement and extend our current strengths and research groupings: ‘Environment and Spaces of Governance’ and ‘Knowledges, Culture and Space’. While we welcome applications from all candidates, we would particularly welcome applications in the broad areas of developing world, urban, social, environmental geographies and GIS.

The successful candidate will be given time and encouragement to develop their research further; they will also take on a standard teaching load in the department. Colleagues can also expect to be called upon to assist with the administrative tasks of the department and to participate fully in its various activities. The post holder will also be expected to engage with colleagues in developing and running fieldtrips.

Internationally excellent research is expected of all academic colleagues in the department. In RAE 2008, 90% of our work was at international level: 15% was judged to be of 4* standing, 40% at 3. There is long-standing evidence of international excellence in research across the whole department and we intend to build upon this strength through the new appointment.

To discuss this role informally, please contact Professor David Gibbs, Head of Department, T 01482 465330, E [log in to unmask]

Salary range: £37,839 - £43,840 pa
Closing date: 17 December 2010

Requirements
Applications for this post must be made using an online application form, supplemented by a single attached document containing your list of publications, if appropriate.  Unfortunately we are unable to accept any other form of application or additional documentation.

Go to
http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ABY211/lecturer-in-human-geography

or

http://www2.hull.ac.uk/administration/jobs.aspx