Dear All,

I was recently approached by a member of of our admissions team. He
wanted to show me one of the tests that is being considered in our
multiple mini interviews (MMI's), for applicants to an SGUL course.

One of the tests is about being able to give clear instructions. The
invigilator has a completed Lego object, as well as a set of identical
pieces that can be used to build a copy of the oject.

The candidate then has to give instructions to the invigilator about how
to build a second objuect, based on the pre-completed Lego object.

The candidate doesn't touch the Lego bricks at all - they just give
instructions to the invigilator.

Apart from any issues in relation to visual impairments, colour
blindness etc, does anybody see any other potential issues with this
form of test?

I suppose I'm thinking of students with SpLDs, (dyspraxia, etc).

Regards,

Michael Woodman
Disabilities Coordinator
Registry, Hunter Wing,