apologies for cross points, please forward to those who may be interested:

Dear critters,

This week, following a request from Vince Cable (after much public pressure!), Ofcom is looking at his proposed media takeover deal. We have 4 days to convince Ofcom that the Murdoch power grab needs a full inquiry.

A UK based organisation called 38 degrees is organising around this the following is from them and further info on their website,

thanks, Larch.

Ofcom have a choice. They could tell Vince to rubber stamp Murdoch's plans. Or they could say it raises big issues about media control and democracy and the competition commission has to get involved.

Ofcom have asked for comments to be sent to them this week. If enough of us tell Ofcom it would be a disaster for Murdoch to be given even more control, they will have no choice but to call a proper inquiry.

It's easy to submit your comments to Ofcom via the 38 Degrees website. You can copy the suggested text, or write your own response from scratch. We will be handing in all the comments this Friday. Every message, long or short, will add to pressure.

Click here to add your comments to the pile we hand to Ofcom this Friday:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/4-days-stop-murdoch

Normally these kind of Ofcom consultations get a few dozen submissions from "industry experts". Imagine the effect on the Ofcom bureaucrats when we turn up with tens of thousands of submissions! They will never have seen anything like it. They will realise that the public won't let them rubber stamp this deal.

When we first stood up to Murdoch people said we didn't stand a chance. We've proved them wrong. Because tens of thousands of use have worked together we've persuaded Vince Cable to order a review. Now we need to make sure Ofcom says Murdoch's power grab needs a full inquiry.

Click here to tell Ofcom what you think of Murdoch's BSkyB power-grab:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/4-days-stop-murdoch

Thanks for getting involved,

Hannah, David, Johnny and the 38 Degrees team

PS. It's up to you how long you spend writing your comment to Ofcom. A quick two-minute comment will help add to the pressure. A longer comment explaining why you think Murdoch taking even more control is bad news for the media and democracy in the UK would be even better. But the main thing is for Ofcom to hear from thousands of us. Click here to add to the pressure: http://www.38degrees.org.uk/4-days-stop-murdoch

The bigger we are the more we can do. Please forward this email to your friends and ask them to get involved.

38 Degrees brings you together with over 200,000 people to take action on the issues that matter to you and bring about real change. To find out more visit our website http://www.38degrees.org.uk Facebook http://www.facebook.com/peoplepowerchange or Twitter http://twitter.com/38_degrees

Donate: 38 Degrees doesn't accept money from government, big business, or political parties. We rely on donations from individuals to help pay for the technology, the research, the equipment and the small office we need to organise campaigns. Support our work by donating here: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/contribute