Dear Friends,

We have just established our own e-journal to help fellow postgraduate/early
career researchers in our field. A call for papers is posted below, for your
consideration and circulation.

Best wishes,

Edward Wastnidge

Politics Editor, New Middle Eastern Studies
University of Manchester

Call for Submissions:

New Middle Eastern Studies (NMES), is an e-journal for early career researchers
and graduate students developed under the auspices of the British Society for
Middle Eastern Studies (BRISMES).

The Graduate Section of the British Society for Middle Eastern Studies invites
submissions to its new e-journal, New Middle Eastern Studies. NMES is a
peer-reviewed journal which will provide early career researchers and graduate
students with a platform to showcase and share their work. We accept
submissions in the following formats:

Traditional journal articles
Reviews (books, articles, film, or other)
‘Quick Studies’ (shorter communications that come from research, theory,
methodology or debate)

NMES will publish original work concerning the Middle East (broadly defined) in
a wide range of disciplines. For further information on submission procedures,
please go to our website: www.brismes.ac.uk/nmes.