John .... thank you for sending this obituary of Ted Kheel, a great environmental mediator and the relevance of his work (like yours with the Scottish govt) to climate change mediation. I am sending your link on to various international networks, both cc'd and bcc'd,  I am involved with on climate change and environment. I note especially his emphasis on clarifying the issues, and seeking out what differing parties want by way of soft interests and not just hard legal rights, as the starting point for all negotiation.

Alastair.

From: John Sturrock [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 17 November 2010 07:45
To: Cc: John Sturrock
Subject: a wonderful obituary

http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/16/climate-lessons-from-a-master-mediator/

John Sturrock QC

Chief Executive

Tel: +44 (0) 131 221 2520; Fax: +44 (0) 131 221 2522;

DD: +44 (0) 131 221 2524

Core Solutions Group Limited, Rutland House, 19 Rutland Square, Edinburgh, EH1 2BB
Registered in Scotland Number SC197282

View our new website: www.core-solutions.com

Core Mediation and Core Coaching are divisions of the Core Solutions Group Limited, providers of independent mediation, facilitation and coaching services to business, the professions and organisations.

Core is top ranked by Chambers 2010

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error or if there are any other problems please notify the originator immediately. You must not make unauthorised use of, disclose, copy or alter this message. Core will not be liable for any damage arising from (a) such use, disclosure, copying or alteration or (b) as a result of any virus being passed on.