From: Alice Jay - Avaaz.org <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM
Subject: 24 hours to save Sakineh
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Friends,

   <http://www.avaaz.org/en/24h_to_save_sakineh/?cl=818139815&v=7490>*Iran
could execute Sakineh Ashtiani tomorrow.* We saved her from stoning, now we
have 24 hours to get key powers to take emergency action to *stop this
shameful killing.*

[image: Sign the
petition!]<http://www.avaaz.org/en/24h_to_save_sakineh/?cl=818139815&v=7490>
*Tomorrow, Iran could execute Sakineh Ashtiani.*

*Our global outcry stopped her unjust stoning* sentence in July. Now we have
*24 hours to save her life.*

*Iran's allies and key UN powers are our best hope* -- they could persuade
Iran of the serious political cost of this high-profile killing. *Click
below to send them an urgent call to action* and send this to everyone -- it
only takes three minutes and *we are her last chance:*

http://www.avaaz.org/en/24h_to_save_sakineh/?vl<http://www.avaaz.org/en/24h_to_save_sakineh/?cl=818139815&v=7490>

*Sakineh's adultery case is a tragic sham* stacked with human rights
violations. First, she was to be stoned to death. But the Iranian government
had to revoke the sentence after her children generated a worldwide outcry
against the farcical trial -- she could not speak the language used in
court, and the alleged incidents of adultery took place after her husband's
death.

Then her lawyer was forced into exile, and the prosecution conjured up a new
trumped-up charge for which she would be executed -- the murder of her
husband. Despite this being double jeopardy, as she is already serving time
for alleged complicity in this crime, *Sakineh was tortured* and paraded on
national television to 'confess', and was found guilty. Since then the
regime has arrested two German journalists, her lawyer and her son, who has
bravely led the international campaign to save his mother. All remain in
prison and *Sakineh's son and lawyer have been also tortured* and have no
access to lawyers.

Now Iranian human rights activists state an order has just been issued from
Tehran to implement her killing immediately. She is on the list and tomorrow
is execution day.

Our persistent campaigning led Iran to drop Sakineh's stoning sentence and
captured the attention of leaders in countries with influence on Iran, like
Turkey and Brazil. Now let's urgently raise our voices to stop her killing
and inhumane treatment and free her, her lawyer, her son and the jailed
German journalists. *Send a message and share this emergency call with
friends and family:*

http://www.avaaz.org/en/24h_to_save_sakineh/?vl<http://www.avaaz.org/en/24h_to_save_sakineh/?cl=818139815&v=7490>

A massive public outcry has the moral authority to stop heinous crimes.
Let's use these 24 hours to send a clear message -- the world is watching
and we all stand together today to save Sakineh's life and against injustice
everywhere.

With hope and determination,

Alice, Stephanie, Pascal, Giulia, Benjamin and the whole of the Avaaz team

Sources:

The Islamic regime of Iran plans to execute Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani
immediately
http://stopstonningnow.com/wpress/4194

Sakineh hanging imminent
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/fears-that-alleged-adulterers-execution-by-hanging-is-imminent/story-e6frg6so-1225946610965

Iranian woman could be stoned Wednesday
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hipKgm5UqJOxciOi1f07BwbfRgFg?docId=CNG.6ef6de7af5f33847d19e690e61087c73.811

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani: A life in the Balance (Amnesty International)
http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/MDE13/089/2010/en/589bd56b-49ac-4028-8dc6-abd903ac9bac/mde130892010en.pdf

*Support the Avaaz community!* We're entirely funded by donations and
receive no money from governments or corporations. Our dedicated team
ensures even the smallest contributions go a long way -- donate
here<https://secure.avaaz.org/en/donate_to_avaaz/?cl=818139815&v=7490>
.

------------------------------
*
Avaaz.org is a 5.5-million-person global campaign network* that works to
ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global
decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz
members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 13
countries on 4 continents and operates in 14 languages. Learn about some of
Avaaz's biggest campaigns here <http://www.avaaz.org/en/highlights?footer>,
or follow us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/Avaaz> or
Twitter<http://twitter.com/Avaaz>
.

This message was sent to [log in to unmask] To change your email
address, language, or other information, click
here<https://secure.avaaz.org/act/index.php?r=profile&user=a6c4457925e4aa6ec74ee444b00836f2&lang=en>.
Want to leave this list? Click here to
unsubscribe<https://secure.avaaz.org/act/?r=unsub&cl=818139815&[log in to unmask]&b=1067&v=7490&lang=en>
.

To contact Avaaz, please *do not reply to this email.* Instead, write to us
at www.avaaz.org/en/contact <http://www.avaaz.org/en/contact?footer> or call
us at +1-888-922-8229 (US).

--
Jon Barrett
Le projet pour une vie durable

00 33 (0)2 98 67 68 87

La vie durable – ce n’est pas la même que la développement durable!