*Two quick things for the folks on the forum;*
This from the FT and RGE on Uranium prices - Uranium prices are up 45% in 4
months to $60 a pound - more at
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/35c2d7ca-f8c7-11df-b550-00144feab49a.html#axzz16fAj7ZRB.
 Previously it seems there has been an assumption in energy policies
that
nuclear fuels would be treated as a semi-renewable source, or one which was
not subject to scarcity. The costs should not have a huge bearing as the
volume of fuel used is low, but politically it may kick start some
protectionism over resources or politicise its trade further.

Also, and I apologise if this has already been posted or you have received
it eslewhere, I got it in a digest from the Sustainable Development Research
Network:

*"New Report – ‘Making the case for the social sciences No3: Sustainability,
the environment and climate change’*
For several decades scientists have argued that the increasing demands being
placed on the planet’s resources are in the long run unsustainable. The
precise consequences of the growing global population for climate change
remain uncertain in their timing and distribution but we are already
observing declines in biodiversity, widespread destruction of forests,
exhaustion of fisheries, soil erosion and environmental pollution. Add to
this mix the threat of climate change linked to rising sea-levels, water
shortages and more extreme weather events, and the outlook worsens. This
report highlights that the work of social scientists is central to finding
solutions since the causes and consequences of such environmental issues are
broadly societal. We need a better understanding of international
geopolitics, environmental risks and vulnerability, consumer behaviour,
energy security, and the delivery of policy. The case studies included in
the report seek to demonstrate the extensive and continuing contribution of
social research to the development of appropriate solutions through policy
initiative and best practice at all scales of governance.
More...<http://www.acss.org.uk/docs/Making%20the%20Case/INF176%20climate%20change_web.pdf>"
http://www.acss.org.uk/docs/Making%20the%20Case/INF176%20climate%20change_web.pdf

Best,

Jon