No, the same.  Its mainly the thought that people could actually sign it rather than coming from the committee.  Sorry for crossed lines. E

On 24 Nov 2010, at 18:21, Jacqueline Akhurst (J.Akhurst) wrote:

Hi Erica,

Do you suggest a different petition to the one Valeska refers to in her last paragraph below?

Jacqui

From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Erica Brostoff
Sent: 24 November 2010 18:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] Section and Zucker - Update

Could you post a petition or whatever equivalent is suitable and get members of the Community Section to sign, Erica (I would do so)

On 24 Nov 2010, at 18:10, Jacqueline Akhurst (J.Akhurst) wrote:

Dear all,

A brief response: The interim committee of the BPS Community Psychology Section meets for the first time tomorrow, and I will table the proposal for response. As I’m sure you will appreciate, I wish to work as democratically as possible as the chair, hence my silence up to this point. (Personally, I heartily support a protest of some sort). I guess this is an immediate challenge to the new Section (we’re not a Division) – a ‘test case’ …

Best wishes,
Jacqui