please please please

attachments are bad enough, but so far at least we had small ones.
now we have a new record, 2.5 MB!
There are a gadzillion sites in the web to put your image and give us a link to it.

As an additional remark, I would had been tempted to ask the assistant professor in my laboratory to tell me exactly what the hell he did and why he was right
and I was wrong. Asking a couple of thousands of people to possibly tell if a dataset they have not seen or processes might be better or worse than another dataset
they have not seen or processed, is likely counterproductive (see reference 1)

these said, I think you have a crystal with a very long axis, that should had been collected with that axis along the rotation axis, as Mark said.
Very likely, the crystal that the assistant professor worked on had the long axis along the rotation direction and thats why it worked.
Although there is some weird order-disorder issues between planes, my feeling is that you can treat that as more or less a 3d crystal that is imperfect.

A.

==

reference 1:

Percy: You know, they do say that the Infanta's eyes are more beautiful than the famous Stone of Galveston.
Edmund: Mm! ... What?
Percy: The famous Stone of Galveston, My Lord.
Edmund: And what's that, exactly?
Percy: Well, it's a famous blue stone, and it comes ... from Galveston.
Edmund: I see. And what about it?
Percy: Well, My Lord, the Infanta's eyes are bluer than it, for a start.
Edmund: I see. And have you ever seen this stone?
Percy: (nods) No, not as such, My Lord, but I know a couple of people who have, and they say it's very very blue indeed.
Edmund: And have these people seen the Infanta's eyes?
Percy: No, I shouldn't think so, My Lord.
Edmund: And neither have you, presumably.
Percy: No, My Lord.
Edmund: So, what you're telling me, Percy, is that something you have never seen is slightly less blue than something else you have never seen.
Percy: (finally begins to grasp) Yes, My Lord.