This density does not look at all like O-glycosylation.
Best regards,
Herman

________________________________

	From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Savvas Savvides
	Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:48 PM
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Strange density on Serine oxygen.

	Hi Vinson
	is O-glycosylation possible at all given the origin of the protein and the expression system used?
	best
	Savvas

	On 24 Nov 2010, at 14:42, Vinson LIANG wrote:

		Dear Savas and all,

		Thank you very much for all your quick suggestions.

		I have tried Tyr and it turns out to fit the density very well. I will have the protein sequenced again to see if it is wrong sequece or O-linked glycosylation.

		I'll let you know if it turns out to be O-linked glycosylation.

		All the best,

		Vinson