Hi Sebastiano,

I have had some experience with protein:protein complexes with KD ~
10-1 uM, kinetic characterization and trying to purify a complex of
these proteins using SEC. While I would say that if you have reliable
evidence from SPR that you have a fast on (high Kon), then you must
have a fast off (high Koff) because by definition KD = 10 E-6 =
Koff/Kon. However, I have observed several systems where you have a KD
~ 10-1 uM, but the kinetics are not fast on/fast off. In my
experience, I have never seen anything in the crystal structures of
the weak affinity complexes I have solved that would coorelate
B-factors to Kon/Koff, and while it might be tempting for you to draw
this comparison in your structure, I would warn that this is too large
a leap without further (non-anecdotal) evidence.

As a further note, during SEC purification of complexes, I have
observed that you generally have to have the complexes at at least 5
to 10-fold higher initial concentration if you want to purify the
complex, which you are only pushing with your 80-100 uM high end
concentration. A colleague of mine once told me this is due to a 5 to
10-fold dilution effect upon addition to the column, but I have never
verified this nor read any primary source that validated this so I
cannot supply a reference (others might be able to help here). Good
luck and cheers~

~Justin