Hi everyone,
I have grown some crystals after micro-seeding starting from thin-small needles from needle-clusters. These crystals are larger in size than the needles but are comparable to the shape and don't look like salt crystals. But I cannot see the bands( its a complex) in the SDS-PAGE.I do not have a home source,handy and would like to send these to the synchrotron.

Is it possible to NOT see a band of protein crystals in SDS-PAGE, if, say, the amount of protein is < 1uG?
Has anyone experienced such a thing (no band in gel, but crystal diffracts)?
It would be nice if I get observations/suggestions.

ivan