Dear Sergei
how much do the refined unit cell parameters (given a fixed detector distance) vary as a function of frame number? We have been using such initial diagnostic approach to trace radiation damage issues (among other problems) for a number of crystal forms that maximally diffracted in the 3.8-4.5 angstron range.

I copy/paste an excerpt from the XDS wiki that reinforces this approach:

REFINE(INTEGRATE)
The defaults (REFINE(INTEGRATE)=DISTANCE BEAM ORIENTATION CELL) could be modified by omitting DISTANCE, because one should assume that the distance is constant. This is particularly recommended if SPACE_GROUP_NUMBER=0 or 1. Furthermore, by fixing the distance one can better see from the results of the refinement whether the cell parameters are stable, or whether they change due to radiation damage. There are situations when one wants to reduce the number of parameters to be refined even more, see Optimization.

Best regards
Savvas

----
Savvas Savvides
Unit for Structural Biology @ L-ProBE
Ghent University
K.L. Ledeganckstraat 35, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Ph. +32  (0)472 928 519 http://www.LProBE.ugent.be/xray.html