-----Original Message-----
From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ashley Wright
Sent: 05 November 2010 11:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Blackboard - self and peer assessment tool

Dear Blackboard Users,

I am grappling with the Self and Peer Assessment Tool (SPAT) and
struggling to make this work and wondered if anyone on this list has any
ideas that may help.

Problem:
Several of our Schools use self and peer assessments in their  summative
assessment activities and are currently using MS Excel to record, weight
and calculate marks. With cohorts of 100+ students this takes hours to
do.

So...I was approached to see if we could use the self and peer
assessment tool in Bb (we are using Bb Learn 8.0.475.0).

Example:
A lecture has a cohort of 120 students and splits them into groups of 5
(24 groups). In each group they assess themselves and the other 4
students. The task has 10 criteria for each student, each with a maximum
mark of 10. So the maximum mark a student can achieve in any given group
is 500. This mark is weighted and the lecturer's mark is also added.

Solutions?
The issue with using the SPAT is that it only produces one column in the
Grade Centre. The lecturer needs to be able to view all of the grades
submitted by each member and the comments.

Any ideas? Do other non-Bb tools solve this?

With best wishes,

Ashley Wright
Development Officer

Quality In Learning and Teaching (QuILT)
Ground Floor,
King George VI Building,
Newcastle University
NE1 7RU