Stanford launch - seeking other universities

All, if you haven't come across Kaggle, we're a new platform for data prediction and supervised learning competitions. Competitions are judged based on objective criteria - predictions/labels are compared with actual outcomes using one of several pre-loaded evaluation metrics.

With Stanford's Stats-202 class as our pioneers, we have recently launched a new initiative called "Kaggle-in-Class" - allowing staff from universities to host competitions for their students. Competitions are a great way to engage students and we automate evaluation so as to minimize the grading burden for instructors. Prizes are optional. Stanford's competition is to predict wine prices and their top three students won't have to sit the final exam!

There are no costs involved and it's quick/easy to set up competitions.

Please let me know if this may be of interest to you (or colleagues) for your classes. I can send through a further email with student/staff instructions.

Regards,
Dan

---
Daniel Gold | Kaggle