Hi Dorcas,

Really sorry, meant to say all this to you, not more widely!

Nick.
From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cowan, Dorcas [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 November 2010 08:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Equality issue re blood donation?

Dear colleagues,

Here at Exeter we are regularly visited on campus by the National Blood Service who hold donation clinics for staff and students to attend and donate blood. Recently, a member of our LGBT Equality Group has raised the issue that they feel personally offended by receiving the all-staff and all-student emails which are circulated ahead of each visit encouraging people to "do something wonderful - give blood" when, as a gay man he is deliberatley excluded from doing so. Has anyone else had experience of this issue being raised and if so, how have you addressed it? Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dorcas Cowan
Equality & Diversity Manager
University of Exeter
Tel: 01392 722037

Ranked 9th in the 2010 Times Good University Guide
Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.