From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick Miller
Sent: 08 November 2010 18:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Cyanide poisoning SMAC

You are referring to the interesting proximity of the lines containing
Liebermann-Burchard reagent for cholesterol and the cresophthalein
complexone for calcium..........never did me any harm ......."I just
love the smell of almonds in the morning"

Nick Miller
London

On 8 November 2010 16:45, Elizabeth MacNamara
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am giving a lecture to postgrads on how the lab has changed. I have a photo of a SMAC but can't remember what the two chemistries were that if the tubes leaked could cause cyanide gas to be produced. I think the acid came from the protein but can't be sure.
>
> Is there some old codger out there with brain cells a little more agile than mine.
>
> Liz Mac Namara
> Jewish General Hospital
> Montreal

> This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
> Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
> ACB Web Site
> http://www.acb.org.uk
> Green Laboratories Work
> http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk
> List Archives
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html
> List Instructions (How to leave etc.)
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk
List Archives
List Instructions (How to leave etc.)
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

Cymraeg
Rhybudd Ebost (2010) - Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Betsi Cadwaladr
Fe'ch cynghorir i ddarllen rhybydd ebost Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Betsi Cadwaladr (a'i argraffu er mwyn cyfeirio ato yn y dyfodol).  Gellir dod o hyd iddo yn y lleoliad canlynol

http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/861/tudalen/47230

Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Betsi Cadwaladr yw enw gweithredol Bwrdd Iechyd Lleol Prifysgol Betsi Cadwaladr.

English
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board - Email Notice (2010)
You are advised to read (and print for future reference) the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board e-mail notice which can be found at this location

http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/861/page/47229

Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board is the operational name of Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk