The following video on You Tube shows a lab in Los Angeles in 1967.  It
is a tour narrated by Peter Wilding, past-president of AACC.  It should
be interesting to your postgrads.  -Jim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eH2zzYROQY

>>> Elizabeth MacNamara <[log in to unmask]> 11/8/2010 11:45
AM >>>
I am giving a lecture to postgrads on how the lab has changed. I have a
photo of a SMAC but can't remember what the two chemistries were that if
the tubes leaked could cause cyanide gas to be produced. I think the
acid came from the protein but can't be sure.

Is there some old codger out there with brain cells a little more agile
than mine.

Liz Mac Namara
Jewish General Hospital
Montreal

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community
working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the
internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are
responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk
List Archives
List Instructions (How to leave etc.)
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk