[I am emailing this to multiple lists, so many apologies if you receive
several copies of this post!]

Dear Colleague:

I am happy to report that the second issue of the Alternative Spirituality and
Religion Review, which I edit, has been sent to ASRR’s online hosting service,
and that we expect this new content will be up on the recently redesigned
Academic Publishing website (www.academicpublishing.org) by or before next week.
I have included a table of contents for 1:2 plus a list of books that are in the
process of being reviewed for next year in the body of this email.
 Also, if you have not already done so, PLEASE request that your institutional
library subscribe to our journal. University libraries often order or renew
journal subscriptions in November. So, particularly if you intended to do this
in the past but never managed to get around to it, November would be an ideal
time for this purpose. (ASRR's International Standard Serial Number [ISSN] is
1946-0538).

Finally, Nicole Ruskelle, Academic Publishing’s Editorial Director, has taken
over tasks such as requesting review copies from publishers. However, my task of
arranging for new reviews is still extremely time-consuming, in part because of
the explosion of new titles in our field. So in addition to notifying you about
our journal’s progress, I was also emailing you to ask that you help me arrange
for new reviews. In addition to (or in lieu of) actually volunteering to
undertake a book review yourself, you can help by identifying new (or
not-so-new) books that should be reviewed, and by identifying potential
reviewers.

Thank you!

All the Best,

Jim

(Link to journal: http://www.academicpublishing.org/ASRR.php)

ASRR 1:2 - Table of Contents

Review Essay

1.      A Review of Academic Literature on Astrology: 1. The Ancient World
By: Nicholas Campion

Book Reviews

2.      Coming to the Edge of the Circle: A Wiccan Initiation Ritual
By: Nikki Bado-Fralick
Reviewed By: Stephanie Martin

3.      They Know Us Better Than We Know Ourselves: The History and Politics of
Alien Abduction
By: Bridget Brown
Reviewed By: Erik A. W. Östling

4.      Cyberhenge: Modern Pagans on the Internet
By: Douglas E. Cowan
Reviewed By: Megan Goodwin

5.      Invented Religions: Imagination, Fiction and Faith
By: Carole M. Cusack
Reviewed By: Christopher Klassen

6.      A History of Modern Yoga: Patañjali and Western Esotericism
By: Elizabeth De Michelis
Reviewed By: Lola Williamson

7.      A Sociology of Spirituality
By: Kieran Flanagan and Peter C. Jupp, eds.
Reviewed By: Milda Ališauskienė

8.      Gurus in America
By: Thomas A. Forsthoefel and Cynthia Ann Humes, eds.
Reviewed By: Anthony Costabile

9.      Chanting in the Hillsides: The Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin in Wales
and the Borders
By: Jeaneane Fowler and Merv Fowler
Reviewed By: George D. Chryssides

10.  Theater in a Crowded Fire: Ritual and Spirituality at Burning Man
By: Lee Gilmore
Reviewed By: Michael Paul Oman-Reagan

11.  The Anthropology of Magic
By: Susan Greenwood
Reviewed By: Helen Berger

12.  Listening People Speaking Earth: Contemporary Paganism
By: Graham Harvey
Reviewed By: Constance Wise

13.  An Amish Paradox: Diversity and Change in the World’s Largest Amish
Community
By: Charles E. Hurst and David L. McConnell
Reviewed By: Jeremy Rapport

14.  Theory and Practice of Yoga: Essays in Honour of Gerald James Larson.
Edited By: Knut A. Jacobsen

Reviewed By: Pankaj Jain

15.  God’s Continent: Christianity, Islam and Europe’s Religious Crisis
By: Philip Jenkins
Reviewed By: Mark Chapman

16.  Vampires Today: The Truth About Modern Vampirism
By: Joseph Laycock
Reviewed By: Sean O’Callaghan

17.  The Encyclopedic Sourcebook of Satanism
By: James R. Lewis & Jesper Aagaard Petersen, eds.
Reviewed By: Amina Olander Lap

18.  Sacred Schisms: How Religions Divide
James R. Lewis and Sarah M. Lewis eds.
Reviewed By: Nevill Drury

19.  Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim
Dynasty

By: Bradley K. Martin
Reviewed By: Nicholas M. Levine

20.  The Nuwaubian Nation: Black Spirituality and State Control
By: Susan Palmer
Reviewed By: Göran Larsson

21.  The Re-Enchantment of the West: Alternative Spiritualities, Sacralization,
Popular Culture and Occulture
By: Christopher Partridge
Reviewed By: Eric Repphun

22.  The Lost Land of Lemuria: Fabulous Geographies, Catastrophic Histories
By: Sumathi Ramaswamy
Reviewed By: Kristy L. Slominski

23.  Popular Religion in Russia: “Double Belief” and the Making of an Academic
Myth
By: Stella Rock
Reviewed By: Kaarina Aitamurto

24.  Chinese Religiosities: Afflictions of Modernity and State Formation
By: Mayfair Mei-hui Yang,
Reviewed by: Andrew Stuart Abel

25.  Prophets and Protons: New Religious Movements and Science in Late Twentieth
Century America
By: Benjamin E. Zeller
Reviewed By: Scott Lowe

ASRR Forthcoming

Review Essays

Astrology II
Channeling
Islam

Reviews

The New Black Gods
Alien's Adored
A Republic of Mind and Spirit
The Easternisation of the West
Children of the New Age
Grimoires: A History of Magic Books
Hidden Circles in the Web
Religions of Modernity
Magical Practice in the Latin West
 Western Esotericism Intiation
Religion Online
New Generation Witchcraft
Religion Crossing Boundaries
Wicca and Christian Heritage
Pagan Theology
Encyclopedia of New Religious Movements
Lubavitcher Messianism
Modern Wicca History
Yearning to Belong
Gibbons Spirituality and the Occult
Religion and Tourism: Crossroads, Destinations and Encounters
Alternative Christs
Religion Online
Lure of the Darkside
Angels of Desire
The Language of Demons and Angels
Tourism, Religion and Spiritual Journeys
History of Western Astrology
Aleister Crowley and the Temptation of Politics
Re-Riting Women
Conspiracy Rising
Paranormal America
Exploring New Religions