Hi everyone,
In our country, Türkiye, we can mention about two types of backgrounds and student acceptation methods for the he undergraduate program of the industrial design department. One is the central exam with multiple-choice questions consisting of subjects like mathematics, physics, chemistry, literature, etc. The other is 'skill exams' which consists of tasks like drawing a figure, a room in perspective setting, the drawing of an object from  memory. The students getting prepared for the first type of exam has a background of maths, chemistry, physics, etc. The other backgrounded student has good free-hand skills but may not have really considered the 'designing.' What is the situation in your systems? What is the ideal background and student acceptation method you think?
All best,
Esra.