Subject: RE:  Conference

Dear all

 I have planned a visit to the Röntgen Museum in Remscheid, Germany from 5th – 7th November 2010. I have organised the visit with Dr Uwe Busch who is the Deputy Director. Uwe Busch has recently transformed the museum http://www.roentgenmuseum.de/  and the visit is warmly recommended for anyone with an interest in medical history and radiology.

Bookings are now being taken for this visit via the BIR website www.bir.org.uk <http://www.bir.org.uk>  or by completing the attached booking form.

The BIR and British Society for the History of Radiology and me very much hope you will join us to take part in this exciting and educational weekend.

The cost of the trip will include:

·        Return coach transfers from Dusseldorf International airport to Remscheid (departure from the airport will be at 1pm on Friday 5th November)

·        Lunch on arrival at the Röntgen Museum followed by free time to explore all the museum has to offer. (entrance fee included)

·        Lectures have been organised in the state of the art conference facilities (CPD accreditation will be sought)

·        Supper at the Museum with opportunities to network with staff and speakers

·        Two night’s bed and breakfast accommodation at the Mercure Hotel Remscheid

·        Saturday morning will be free for you to explore the delightful towns of Remscheid and Lennep; shop for regional produce and crafts, enjoy a traditional Bergisch coffee in one of the street cafes or stroll through the Eschbachtalsperre with an impressive 65 km of walks.

·        Join us on Saturday afternoon to travel further into the heart of Bergisch Land on a coach tour taking in more of this spectacular region.

·        Dinner on Saturday evening will be a delicious three course meal in the Olive Tree restaurant at the Mercure hotel.

·        Sunday morning will give further free time to soak up more of the idyllic atmosphere of Remscheid and the coach will take us back to Dusseldorf International airport at midday. (the journey is approx 1 hour)

Cost:

£250 based on Single occupancy

£470 based on two people sharing (please note that the double occupancy rate must be paid in full at the time of booking.)

Further information can be found at https://www.bir.org.uk/membersarea/multievents/displayEvent.asp?Type=Full&Code=5133.

Please do contact me if you have any questions. Please pass this on to anyone who may be interested.

Kind Regards

Adrian

Dr Adrian Thomas
Honorary Librarian