Chp 41 (Page 41.4) in SPM8 manual has very detailed instruction on how to normalise images to MNI space based on result from new segment tool

Tony

From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Courtney Brown
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SPM] SPM8 Segmentation Issue

Thank you for the helpful responses to my post. I have run my images through SPM8 "New Segment," which does indeed improve the quality of the segmented images considerably. I am attempting to continue the pre-processing of these images (specifically, Normalize and Smooth the fMRI images) and am running into a problem: the normalization parameters produced by "New Segment" (seg8.mat) is not recognized as a parameter file for the Normalize and Write step (error code generated pasted below):

Running 'Normalise: Write'
Failed  'Normalise: Write'
Reference to non-existent field 'VG'.
In file "/usr/local/share/data/spm/spm8/spm_write_sn.m" (v2534), function "get_xyzmat" at line 430.
In file "/usr/local/share/data/spm/spm8/spm_write_sn.m" (v2534), function "spm_write_sn" at line 96.
In file "/usr/local/share/data/spm/spm8/config/spm_run_normalise_write.m" (v2312), function "spm_run_normalise_write" at line 25.

Running 'Smooth'
Done    'Smooth'
The following modules did not run:
Failed: Normalise: Write

My question is: Is there a way to generate a seg_sn.mat file that would be compatible with the Normalize and Write step? Alternatively, is there a more appropriate way to normalize and smooth fMRI images using the parameter file generated from "New Segment?"

Thank you in advance,

Courtney Brown