Dear Duncan,

Changing the channel type to 'Other' should do the job. Just make sure
that you save the dataset properly (either do save(D) in a script or
press the 'Save' button in the GUI). If you change the channel type
and you then open the dataset again in the reviewing tool there should
not be any channels with 'EEG' type there.

Vladimir