There is no need to reslice when you do the coregistration.  Just use
the coregister only option, and this will update the matrices in the
headers so that SPM can then treat the images as if they are aligned.
You can see the result of this with CheckReg.  Note that the EPI need
to be not too distorted for this to work.  If they are distorted, then
a rigid body transform will not bring them into good alignment with
the anatomical scans.

Best regards,
-John