This may be of interest to some, but I expect the PDF attachment will get stripped.
Robin Rice

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: : "Myths and Realties" debate British library event
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 12:47:14 +0100
From: Heather Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

From: social-science-events [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 09 October 2010 18:22
To: social-science-events
Subject: "Myths and Realties" debate

Dear all

Myths and Realities Event 6: Is class still relevant – are some more equal than others?

The British Library has pleasure in sending you details of its next Myths and Realities event on 1st November 2010  organised jointly by the Library and the Academy of Social Sciences, and supported by the ESRC.  The lectures are part of an on going series which aims to take topics of public interest or concern and look at them through a social science lens, exploring and to challenging popular thinking.   The next topic considers the debate around Class and factors which shape our identities. The event will be held at the British Library in Euston, London and the attached flyer gives details.

The speakers are:

Please feel free to circulate the flyer to friends , colleagues and students who would appreciate knowing about these events . Please too consider printing off the flyers and placing them on noticeboards.   We look forward to seeing you soon.

Book your place via the British Library’s website: http://www.bl.uk/whatson/events/event113923.html or for more information, contact [log in to unmask]

Many thanks

Andrea Murray
PA to Jude England

Head of Social Science Collections and Research

The British Library
96 Euston Road
LONDON
NW1 2DB

http://www.bl.uk/2020vision

T +44 (0) 20 7412 7487
F +44 (0) 20 7412 7207

andrea.murray@bl.uk

****************************************************** Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your message will go only to the sender of this message. If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's 'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically to [log in to unmask] Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk. *******************************************************