I enjoyed reading this piece in the New York Times which expressed some
of my own frustrations with the 'whole STEM thing' ....

STEM Education Has Little to Do With Flowers
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/05/science/05angier.html

<quote>
According to survey results released last month by the nonprofit group
Entertainment Industries Council, when some 5,000 participants were
asked whether they understood the term “STEM education,” 86 percent said
no. “They said it made them think of stem cells, branches, leaves and
broccoli stems,” said Brian Dyak, the group’s president. “I have no clue
on that last one.” Clearly, he added, “we have a branding issue here.”
</quote>

++++++
Dr Phillip Kent, London, UK
mathematics  education  technology  research
[log in to unmask]  mobile: 07950 952034
www.phillipkent.net
++++++
"Anything can happen in the next half-hour"

send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]